Uses Chipotle Paste
Chipotle Anchovy Pasta
This pasta recipe is inspired by Helen Graves at Fuss Free Flavours. When we started Helen was one the very first bloggers to write about us and we’ve been following her amazing blog ever since.
This anchovy pasta dish is full of flavour and really doesn’t take long to make at all.
The anchovy melts away and gives the dish a real depth of flavour.
Try serving the anchovy pasta with this Tomato and Goats Cheese Salad.
How to make it
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in frying pan over a low–medium heat. Add the chipotle chilli paste, garlic and anchovies. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Squeeze in the tomato purée and stir in with a sprinkle of pepper and the red wine vinegar. By this point the anchovies should have completely dissolved into the sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine in boiling salted water for about 8–10 minutes until just tender. Drain, reserving about 100ml (3½fl oz.) of the cooking water. Stir a slug of olive oil into the pasta to stop it sticking together.
- Add the retained pasta water to the sauce and stir. It should become a lovely rich, thick sauce. Add the butter to give it a nice glossy look.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir through a handful of parsley and a little Parmesan.
- Serve with extra Parmesan on top.