Gently soften onion and garlic
Add Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, mustard powder, thyme, soy sauce, cider vinegar, sugar, stock and pepper
Make bbq sauce by frying onion & garlic with thyme
Add red wine vinegar, soy sauce and rum
Add Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup
Cook until thick and sticky
Mix olive oil, vinegars, lemon juice and sugar with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
Add cabbage, fennel, edamame beans, coriander, onion, fennel seeds and mint
Cook jackfruit until liquid has been absorbed
Use a potato masher or forks to shred cooked jackfruit to create ‘vegan pulled pork’
Bring together on a toasted bun
How to make it
- Start by making the jackfruit ‘pulled pork’.
- Get a pan onto a low/medium heat and add the olive oil along with the diced onion. Fry gently until onion is nicely softened (about 10mins). Add the garlic and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Add the drained jackfruit and mix well.
- Add Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, mustard powder, thyme, soy sauce, cider vinegar, sugar, stock and pepper.
- Stir, put a lid on it and cook for an hour or so.
- When done (the liquid should be completely absorbed), mash the jackfruit (use a potato masher or a couple of forks) until it is completely shredded.
- Meanwhile, make the bbq sauce. In a pan, fry chopped onion for 10mins. Add chopped garlic and thyme and stir well. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add sugar and cook for a couple of minutes before adding red wine vinegar, soy sauce, rum, Gran Luchito Chipotle Ketchup and water. Cook on a low/medium heat until it thickens up and gets sticky. About 15mins.
- Adjust seasoning and combine with the pulled jackfruit. Mix well.
- Make coleslaw by combining Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo, vinegar, olive oil, sugar and lemon juice. Whisk well.
- Toast the fennel seeds in a dry pan (don’t burn them).
- Use a Japanese mandolin or grater to finely shred the cabbage, fennel and onion. Combine with liquid mix along with roughly chopped herbs, edamame beans and fennel seeds. Mix well, adjust seasoning and leave for 15/20 mins before you serve.
- To serve, toast some buns (we used brioche) and pile high with the bbq pulled jackfruit and top with coleslaw.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...