Chop butternut squash and remove seeds
Place in roasting tray with garlic, peppers, onion, thyme and olive oil
Roast until squash is softened and edges begin to blacken
Combine stock, chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans, Gran Luchito Smoked Chipotle Paste
Cook then stir through coriander stalks
Combine roasted vegetables with tomato sauce
Serve with rice, Vegan sour cream and guacamole
Have you tried this Vegan Chilli Con Carne recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Peel squash, remove seeds and chop into bite-sized chunks.
- Chop peppers and onion into similarly sized chunks.
- Add to roasting tin with olive oil, whole garlic cloves, thyme, oregano, salt & pepper.
- Roast until cooked through and squash begins to blacken on its edges (about 25 mins), but keep checking as oven temps vary. Remove thyme stalks and squeeze out garlic & remove skins.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, add the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans, vegetable stock and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, chopped coriander stalks and cook for 30mins with a good pinch of salt & pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook enough rice for how many people are eating (use double volume of water to rice, bring to boil, lower heat, then cook until water is gone).
- Also, prepare guacamole by mashing avocado then stirring through chopped coriander, lime juice, finely chopped red onion.
- Combine roasted vegetables with the tomato sauce and mix well. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, mix in fresh coriander.
- Serve with rice, vegan sour cream & homemade guacamole.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...