How to make it
- Apply dry rub to ribs no more than 2 hours before cooking.
- Set up your BBQ/smoker to run at 250F with hickory and apple as smoke woods (see our ‘Hack Your BBQ’ article for more details).
- Cook the ribs meat side up for 2.5 hours.
- While the ribs are cooking mix cola, BBQ sauce and Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey together and stir well.
- After 2.5 hours remove ribs and wrap meat side down in a double layer of foil with half of you honey mixture poured over the rack. Wrap this up tightly!
- Return to the smoker for 2 hours.
- Remove from smoker and unwrap. You should see the meat pulling up on the bones on one end and the rack should bend easily. If not re-wrap and return to the smoker for another 20 minutes.
- Once unwrapped flip the rack over so it’s meat side up and allow to dry for 5 minutes so the bark resets.
- Brush with the rest of your honey glaze and return to the smoker for 20 mins. You might brush one layer of glaze on then put back in the smoker then glaze again after 10mins, up to you.
- Remove from smoker, slice and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...