Melt butter and brown sugar together and add red wine vinegar
add sliced red onion
Cook slowly with a lid until caramelised and sticky
cover steaks in a little olive oil, salt & pepper
toast ciabatta bread
pan fry steaks to your liking then leave to rest
Build sandwich with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo, watercress, steak and onions
How to make it
- Begin by melting the butter in a pan (you’ll need a lid for it later) along with 2 tbsp olive oil and the sugar. Heat until sugar has melted.
- Add sliced onion and cook on a medium/high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and place a lid on it, reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 20 mins, turning the onions after 10.
- Remove lid and cook for another 10 mins uncovered or until they go all sticky.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan and get it as hot as possible.
- Toast ciabatta slices.
- Cover steaks in a little olive oil, salt & pepper. Add steaks to pan and cook for about 3 minutes on each side (this will give you rare/medium steaks).
- Remove from pan and leave to rest for about 5 mins.
- Wipe ciabatta slices through cooking juices from steak.
- Spread Gran Luchito Chipolte Mayo onto the ciabatta slices and top with watercress, followed by onions.
- Slice steaks with a sharp knife and lay on top of onions. Top with ciabatta and enjoy!