Marinade beef strips in Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil and lime juice.
Fry ginger and garlic paste
Flash fry tender-stem broccoli and red pepper
Flash fry marinated beef steak strips
Leave to rest for a few minutes
Combine noodles, vegetables and meat
Serve with fresh coriander and lime wedges
How to make it
- Add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, lime juice and a good pinch of black pepper to a bowl and whisk well.
- Cut the beef steaks into strips about 2cm wide and place in bowl with marinade mix. Stir well to cover the steak all over and leave to sit for as long as possible.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Slice the peppers into strips and cut the broccoli into bitesized chunks. Grate/smash the ginger (keeping ginger in the freezer and grating off what you need is a handy tip) and garlic. Roughly chop the spring onion.
- Heat a wok on a medium heat with a splash of vegetable oil.
- Add the ginger/garlic and cook for a few minutes (keep it moving and don’t let it burn). Turn up the heat and add the broccoli, red pepper and half of the spring onions.
- Keep it all moving and cook until the broccoli begins to soften slightly (about 5-6 minutes).
- Once happy with the vegetables, remove mixture from wok into a bowl/plate.
- Get the noodles softened (as per instructions on packet).
- Return wok to a high heat. Remove beef from marinade (keep the sauce) with a slotted spoon and add to the wok once very hot. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once happy with the beef, lower the heat and return the vegetables and noodles to the wok along with the marinade.
- Use tongs to mix well and heat for a few minutes.
- Leave to rest for a few minutes before serving with remaining spring onions, freshly ripped coriander leaves and wedges of lime.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...