How to make it
- Begin by putting the plum tomatoes in the oven to roast while you prepare the meatballs.
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs together in a bowl.
- Once mixed, separate into small balls and leave in fridge while you make the sauce.
- Gently fry the garlic with the onion and salt & pepper.
- Once softened, add the tomatoes (tinned & roasted), olive oil, bay leaves (whole), sugar and chicken stock.
- Brown the meatballs in a hot frying pan with the oil (don’t turn too much as caramelising the meat slightly will give you better flavour).
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and leave to cook without a lid for an hour.
- With about 15 mins cooking time left, cook your linguine in salty water with a little oil (to stop sticking together).
- Serve with a little parsley and parmesan.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...