How to make it
- First, get your chilli con carne cooking. Finely chop all the fresh veg (onion, garlic, celery, carrot, peppers) and gently fry in olive oil for 8-10 mins or until nice and soft in a large pan (preferably with a lid).
- Throw in the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, cumin, coriander powder and cinnamon.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and kidney beans.
- Fry the minced beef in another frying pan to brown in a little oil (this will add flavour to the meat). Drain off any water. Then add to the other ingredients and stir.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Put a lid on it, leaving a small gap and cook on a low heat for about an hour (longer if you have time).
- Taste and add more seasoning if necessary. Sprinkle with fresh coriander once ready.
- Meanwhile, griddle/BBQ your sausages until nicely coloured on the outside. Finish them in a pre-heated oven if necessary.
- Cut the buns down the centre and place a sausage in each. Top with a generous spoon of the chilli con carne and top with grated cheese.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...