Sear leg of lamb until browned all over
Add to slow-cooked with vegetables, stock, herbs and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
Slow cook until tender and falling apart
Pull lamb into chunks
Serve with cous cous
How to make it
- In large pan, heat olive oil and sear lamb leg until golden all over.
- Place in a slow-cooker (or large pot with a lid). Add carrots (halved lengthways), dried oregano, white wine, vegetable stock, garlic cloves (peeled but left whole), onions (roughly chopped) and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste.
- Pop a lid on it then cook on low for about 5 hours. Alternatively, cook on the hob on the lowest heat, or in the oven at 120 C. Check on it regularly and remove once the lamb is falling off the bone.
- Remove meat (including bone) and veg, skim fat (use a spoon or dab it with kitchen pepper) and reduce to a third of its volume.
- If serving with cous cous, add to a bowl and add hot water along with a knob of butter, some salt & pepper, give it a quick stir, then leave to cook covered with a lid.
- Pour gravy over lamb just before serving, sprinkle with parsley.