How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 200C and get a saucepan of water on to heat (or boil kettle).
- Meanwhile, wash and cut your potatoes into chunky wedges.
- Place wedges into boiling water and cook for 5 minutes before draining in a colander. Leave in colander for about 5 minutes until they stop steaming, which means they’ll be dried out which is key for getting them crispy.
- While you’re letting them dry, drizzle a generous amount of olive oil on to a roasting tray and place in oven.
- Place potato wedges back into dry saucepan, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with plain flour, oregano and a little salt and pepper. Put lid on and gently shake them to get the flour all over. The outside of the potato wedges should be cooked while the inside should remain solid, meaning the outside should go nice and fluffy, but the inside should prevent them from breaking up too much.
- remove tray from oven when very hot and carefully pour potato wedges in. Use a metal spatula to mix them around and get the all covered in the oil. Return to oven and roast for 10 minutes, or until bottoms are nicely golden.
- Flip and return to finish cooking, removing when they are golden and crispy all over.
- Serve with Gran Luchito Chipotle Salsa to dip into.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...