How to make it
- Begin by getting the rice on the go. Place dry rice in a saucepan with double the volume of water to rice (1 large cup will do 2 people).
- Season with a little salt, add any spices you like (we love popping a cinnamon stick or star anise in), place a lid on it, and bring to the boil. When boiling, reduce heat as low as possible then continue cooking until all water has disappeared. Don’t remove lid throughout process. Leave aside.
- Next on to the vegetables. Heat a griddle pan on a high temperature. Slice the peppers and red onion and place in a bowl along with the sweetcorn, with a little olive oil, salt & pepper. Move veg around so they get covered.
- Carefully place into griddle pan and leave to cook for a few minutes. When beginning to char, use a spatular to turn them. Leave aside.
- Make the guacamole by mashing the avocado flesh with a fork. Stir through some chopped coriander, a good squeeze of lime juice and the finely sliced ¼ red onion.
- Heat your pulled pork in the oven with some foil stopping it from drying out. Stir through a teaspoon of Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste (if not using leftover pulled pork from our recipe). Alternatively you could stir it through the sour cream.
- Warm some tortillas.
- Assemble your burrito bowl by mixing everything together, or do what we did and keep it all separate. Don’t forget to add your salad leaves, black beans and sour cream. A little drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a sprinkle of freshly chopped coriander will take it all to the next level.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...