Have you tried this Pulled Pork Banh Mi Recipe? If so we would love to know how you got on.
How to make it
- Get a frying pan on to a low heat and slowly heat the pulled pork with a little olive oil and the grated zest of the lime.
- Pre-heat the oven to approx. 125C. Take the baguettes and, using your finger tips, brush a little cold tap water over the outer surface (this will stop them from drying out too much in the oven). Pop in the oven.
- Meanwhile, smash up the peeled garlic and ginger with a little salt and a lug of olive oil in a pestle & mortar or food processor to make a smooth paste. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo, lime juice and most of the roughly chopped coriander leaves and mix together.
- In another mixing bowl, grate the cabbage, cucumber and carrot into another bowl. Squeeze out and discard as much liquid from the mix as possible, then add the sesame oil, soy, vinegar, some roughly chopped coriander and a little salt & pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Remove the baguettes and cut down the side. Spread the bottom with the chicken liver pate. Next add the vegetable mix followed by the pulled pork. Top with the Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo mix and a sprinkle of fresh coriander.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...