Add Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, salt, pepper and sugar
Blend to a smooth consistency
Cut tortillas into strips
Serve with slices of avocado, crumbled feta, lime wedges and freshly chopped coriander
Scatter over crispy tortillas strips
How to make it
- Heat a frying pan on a low heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for about a minute (keep it moving).
- Add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste along with the chopped tomatoes.
- Stir and cook for about 15 mins. Add salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for another 10mins on a low/medium heat.
- Blend to a smooth consistency, then add shredded chicken. The residual heat should heat the chicken enough, but if you want to return to a low heat you can do.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan with about 1cm of vegetable/corn oil until it’s very hot.
- Cut the tortillas into strips about 2cm wide.
- Carefully add the strips to the hot oil in batches and leave to crisp up. Turn until crisp all over.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Place a few of the crispy tortillas into the serving bowls. Pour/ladle in the soup.
- Top with crumbled feta, more of the crispy tortillas, thin slices of avocado, lime wedges and freshly chopped coriander.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...