How to make it
- In a slow cooker (or a large saucepan if you don’t have one), add the all of the ingredients (apart from the coriander) and mix well.
- Note: You can use either bone-in or bone-out chicken thighs. If using bone-in, you’ll simply need to remove these at the end (the chicken will literally fall off them so this will be easy). Using bone-in thighs has the advantage of extra flavour.
- Put the lid on and cook on the low setting for 6 hours.
- After 5.5 hours, get the rice cooking so it’s ready when the stew finishes.
- To cook the rice, measure it out in a mug. For each mug of uncooked rice, add 2 cups of cold water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil in a saucepan with a lid (along with any spices like cinnamon or star anise). Don’t remove the lid during the cooking process.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and continue cooking until all the water has gone (be careful not to burn it).
- Once cooked, allow to cool slightly and stir through a handful of chopped coriander.
- Serve with wedges of lime and more chopped coriander.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...