Mix Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste with softened butter and mix well
Chop potato, onion, garlic, red pepper and cover with olive oil, salt, pepper and dried oregano
Rub smoked chilli butter all over chicken and under skin over breast
Fill cavity with chunks of onion
Place on the vegetables and season well
Roast until juices run clear
Add chunks of fresh lime for squeezing and torn coriander leaves
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas 6).
- Mix the butter with the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste.
- Put the potatoes, onions, garlic and peppers into a large ovenproof dish and add the olive oil, dried oregano and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Using your fingers, carefully open up the gap between the breasts and the skin to make 2 little pockets.
- Put half the spicy butter into the pockets, rubbing the remaining butter all over the outside of the chicken. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on top of the vegetables. Put in the oven and reduce the heat to 200°C (400°F, Gas 6).
- Cook for 1 hour 20 minutes by which point it should be golden brown (this will vary depending on the size of the
- chicken). Once cooked, transfer to a plate, cover in foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Make sure vegetables are cooked through by testing a large piece of potato. Return to the oven if not ready.
- When the vegetables are tender, scatter the limes amongst them, then sprinkle with plenty of coriander. Put the chicken on top of the vegetables and serve.
Baste the chicken as it cooks with the butter and occasionally mix up the vegetables surrounding it to ensure even cooking.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...