Fry onion in butter until soft then add milk
Stir in Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste and bring to a simmer
Add stale bread and stir
Stir until you have a smooth, thick consistency
How to make it
- Heat a pan and add the butter.
- Add the diced onion and fry gently for about 10mins, or until very soft.
- Whisk in the milk and add the bay leaves. Gradually bring to a simmer.
- Add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and stir well.
- Rip the bread into chunks and add to the milk. The sauce will gradually thicken as the bread absorbs the milk.
- Continue to stir now and again until you have a nice thick sauce with the same consistency throughout. Remove bay leaves.
- Remove from heat and heat gently when ready to serve.