How to make it
- In a frying pan over a medium/high heat, add a little olive oil and the beef mince and cook until nicely browned.
- Make a roux by gently melting the butter in a pan and adding the flour. Stir and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beef stock and stir well until it begins to thicken.
- Add the meat and the parsley and combine well.
- Add the nutmeg, salt & pepper. Leave to cool, then transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for a few hours until completely chilled.
- Prepare the dipping stations: get one bowl full of breadcrumbs and in another whisk together the egg, oil and milk. Have a plate ready to hold the prepared balls.
- Form golfball sized spheres of the cooled mixture in your hands. Dip in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs (repeat for an extra crunchy crust!).
- Heat the deep-frying oil in a pan to 180C (if you don’t have a thermometer, test the oil by dropping a little of the mixture in…it should bubble instantly).
- In batches, carefully lower the prepared balls into the oil and fry until golden and crisp. Leave to drain/dry on kitchen roll.
- Serve when cool enough to eat with Gran Luchito Chipotle Ketchup.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...