Thread sweet potatoes onto skewers
Cut a continuous spiral along each potato all the way through to the skewer and spread out carefully
Mix Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste with butter
Brush onto potatoes getting into the gaps
Roast for a while then sprinkle with parmesan cheese
Roast until crispy and serve with parmesan and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 190C.
- Cut the ends off the sweet potatoes. Insert a skewer into the centre of each potato and push through until it comes out the other end. try to get it as central as possible.
- Using a sharp knife, starting at either end, make a continuous spiral cut along the length of the potato, cutting through to the skewer.
- If you do this right, you’ll end up with an unbroken spiral of sweet potato that you can carefully elongate along the length of the skewer.
- Mix the butter with the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and brush all over the potato, along with a sprinkle of salt & pepper.
- Place in a roasting tin and roast for 15mins.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Return to oven and cook for another 25mins, or until crispy on the outside. A little bit of char is fine.
- Carefully remove from the skewer.
- Serve with a little bit of extra parmesan, Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo (for dipping), a squeeze of fresh lime and chopped coriander.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...