Combine vinegar, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, sugar, ginger, tomato puree, salt & pepper
Combine egg, flour, salt & pepper
Fry in oil, then fry peppers and combine
Mix well and add roughly chopped spring onions
Serve with noodles, rice, or on its own
Have you made this Easy Sweet and Sour recipe? If so please do let us know how you got on!
How to make it
- Prepare your choice of noodles or rice beforehand.
- Begin by making the sweet and sour sauce.
- In a saucepan, add 3tbsp white wine vinegar, 2tbsp sugar/honey, 2tsp tomato puree, 1tsp Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 3cm grated ginger, and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Heat slowly and gradually bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer for 5 mins then remove from heat.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and eggs as well as a good pinch of salt & pepper.
- Once mixed well, add the chicken and carefully fold it into the mixture. It will break up quite a lot if you’re using mostly breast meat, but this is fine (see pics).
- Get a wok very hot with a splash of vegetable oil.
- Carefully add desert spoonfuls of the chicken mix to the hot wok in batches (add about 4 or 5 at a time so as not to overcrowd it).
- Leave to crisp up for a few minutes before stirring/tossing about to crisp up the other sides.
- Once golden and crispy, remove from wok and drain on paper towel, before cooking the rest.
- At this point, wait until you are ready to serve. When ready, add the chopped peppers to the wok on a high heat with a little oil.
- Once flash fried (a few minutes), return the chicken to the pan and immediately add the sauce and stir well until everything is covered.
- Serve with chopped spring onion and your noodles or rice.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...