Have you tried this beef tartar recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.
How to make it
- Finely chop the steak as small as you can get it (it should resemble minced steak).
- Mix in the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, a small dash of olive oil, a little coriander and season with salt & pepper. Don’t be afraid to taste at this stage to get the right flavours. Use a ramekin to shape the beef and turn out on to a plate.
- Mash the avocado and add 1tsp lime juice, 1tsp chopped coriander, salt & pepper (you don’t have to be exact, just keep tasting until you are happy with it).
- Make the pico de gallo by combining the finely chopped shallot, tomato, coriander, ½ tsp lime juice and a little olive oil, salt & pepper (again, adjust to your own tastes).
- Toast some nice crusty sourdough or ciabatta bread.
- Finally, make a small indent with the back of a teaspoon in the top of the beef, and carefully put the egg yolk on top.
- Serve the different elements individually.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...