remove tips from wings (if necessary cut wing in two along joint)
Crush with pestle & mortar
Combine Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey, Paste, Sugar, Ginger, Garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and black pepper
Cook until thick and sticky
Combine corn flour, plain flour and sesame seeds
Cover wings with flour mix and shake off excess
Fry in hot oil until starting to brown
Leave to cool then fry again
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and coriander
How to make it
- Peel the ginger with a teaspoon and cut into chunks. Add to a pestle and mortar along with peeled garlic cloves. Smash until it forms a paste.
- Place in a pan over a medium heat along with the sesame oil, soy sauce, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, Honey, vinegar and brown sugar. Cook until it becomes thick and sticky.
- If using a deep fryer, get this heated to 160C. If not, heat oil in a heavy pan until it shimmers (or use a thermometer).
- While it’s heating, add flour, cornflour and 3tbsp of the sesame seeds to a bowl.
- Dry the wings with paper towel and cover in the flour mix. Shake off the excess.
- In batches of about ⅚, carefully lower the wings into the oil. Move around using a slotted spoon regularly. Cook for about 6/7 minutes, or until the wings start to turn brown. Repeat until all wings have been cooked once.
- Remove and allow to drain on a rack (place paper towel underneath to catch oil).
- Increase the temp of your fryer to 180C (or increase heat under the pan).
- Again, working in batches, lower wings into oil for a second cook. You will see them get crispier and turn a nice golden shade.
- Drain on kitchen paper and while still warm, add sauce and mix well.
- Toast remaining sesame seeds in a dry pan for a few minutes and sprinkle over wings along with chopped coriander.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...