Smother a chicken breast in mayo (you could also cut into slices).
Cover in breadcrumbs, dip into whisked egg, then dip into breadcrumbs again.
Fry in butter & olive oil until golden. Finish coking in the oven.
Serve with fresh salad and lime wedges.
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Prepare 3 stages to bread the chicken: in one bowl add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo. Beat an egg in a second bowl. Add the breadcrumbs to a third bowl/plate.
- This can be a little messy but it’s worth it. Follow this order to cover the chicken: mayo, breadcrumbs, egg, breadcrumbs (you could also cut the chicken into strips).
- In a frying pan over a medium heat, add a little olive oil. When hot, add the chicken breasts and cook until golden. Flip and cook other side.
- Add chicken to an oven dish (or simply in the same pan if it’s oven-proof), cover with foil and leave to cook for 10mins.
- Check to see if the chicken is cooked through by cutting into a breast at its thickest point. Return to oven if still pink (if removed slightly under-done, the chicken can be finished by wrapping in the foil and leaving to rest and cook by residual heat for 5-10 mins).
- Serve with salad, chips, guacamole or your favourite side.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...