Add prawns, sweetcorn and coriander
add butter, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste and parmesan to creamy polenta
Combine and top creamy polenta with poached eggs
How to make it
- In a large pan, add the water along with the milk and salt. Bring to the boil.
- Gradually add the polenta and stir until it thickens.
- Turn heat down low and cook for 35-40 mins, stirring every 3-4 minutes. It will get thicker and smoother as it cooks. It’s ready once the grainy texture has gone and it begins to come away from the side of the pan.
- Stir in the butter, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and parmesan.
- Slice chorizo into bitesized chunks and fry over medium high heat.
- Once cooked, reduce heat slightly and add sweetcorn and chopped spring onion for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add prawns until pink all over. Remove from heat and stir through roughly chopped coriander (hold a little back for garnish).
- The creamy polenta will solidify slightly if left off the heat, so once ready to put the dish together, gently heat it back up and it should loosen up. Add a little water if necessary.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs. These can be done in advance and kept in ice cold water until ready to use them.
- Stir in half of the chorizo/prawn/sweetcorn mix to the spicy polenta.
- Pour this into a serving dish.
- Top with remaining chorizo/prawns/sweetcorn, poached eggs, a sprinkle of parmesan, fresh coriander, a little lug of olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Serve with wedges of fresh lime to squeeze over.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...