Mexican, Chipotle Prawn Cocktail
Chipotle Prawn Cocktail
Like the wonderful coronation chicken , prawn cocktail is a bit of an old-school dish. But it’s popular for a reason, and that reason is that it tastes mighty fine. We’ve made it Mexican by using our Smoked Chilli Mayo & Ketchup for the sauce and popped avocado into the mix underneath. This is Summer in a glass and must be tried!
We reckon this would be epic served as a starter before the Gran Luchito Steak.
Mix Gran Luchito Chipotle Ketchup & Mayo with lemon juice
Mix avocado, cucumber, shredded lettuce, olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper
Place prawns on salad bed and drizzle with sauce, Serve with lemon wedges
How to make it
- Mix the Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo, Gran Luchito Chipotle Ketchup and lemon juice together.
- Peel the prawns (if not already done) and mix into the sauce.
- Grate the cucumber; dice the avocado.
- Shred the lettuce and mix with the avocado/cucumber, along with a squeeze of lemon juice, a lug of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In glasses or bowls, lay the dressed salad in the bottom, top with the prawns, then spoon over the sauce and let it drizzle down.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
Subscribe for offers
Love Mexican? Sign up to receive Gran Luchito emails with exclusive discounts, the latest news, special offers, recipes and competitions!