Spread Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste all over puff pastry
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
Sprinkle with a little more parmesan
Cut into strips and twist
Bake until golden and crispy
Leave to cool a little then serve
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 180C and lightly grease a large baking tray.
- Lightly flour a clean, flat surface.
- If using pre-rolled, gently peel the puff pastry away from the sheet. If using a block, roll it out to about 0.5cm thickness.
- Spread the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste evenly over the top surface.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and a little black pepper.
- Fold in half and roll out to thickness that it began (0.5cm) taking care not to break the surface and expose the paste/cheese (if you do, simply re-fold and try again).
- Cut into strips (approx 3cm thick) and holding both ends, twist each one before placeing on lightly greased baking tray.
- Brush each strip with beaten egg to cover exposed surface.
- Bake until golden and crispy. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool slightly before serving warm.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...