Use Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste When Make Your Chilli Con Carne
Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Beef Nachos
How to make it
- Start by giving your beef mince some colour on a high heat with a little olive oil (this will bring about more flavour later).
- Remove the meat and turn the heat down. Chop and add the vegetables. Add a little more olive oil to the pan and fry them gently until starting to soften.
- Throw in the tomatoes, cumin, oregano and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste. Cook this for about half an hour then add it to the beef.
- Leave to cook for as long as possible with a lid (minimum an hour). Add kidney beans with about 30mins left if you like.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole and pico de gallo salsa.
- Remove the avocado flesh and smash slightly. Immediately squeeze the lime juice over it to stop it turning brown.
- If you’ve got a griddle pan, get it really hot. Mix olive oil, salt & pepper and cover the scallions all over. Throw them in the griddle pan until slightly charred, then turn and repeat.
- Chop charred onion and add to avocado with chopped cilantro & mix.
- Make pico de gallo by chopping tomatoes, garlic and cilantro. Mix with lime juiceand a little olive oil and season to taste.
- Once your chilli is cooked, assemble nachos by layering chips, chilli, cheese (make sure the last layer is cheese). Then pop under the broiler until starting to crisp up (don’t burn them!).
- Serve with jalapenos, sour cream and thinly sliced radish.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...