How to make it
- Start with the chilli. Finely chop all the fresh veg (onion, garlic, celery, carrot, peppers) and gently fry in olive oil for 8-10 mins or until nice and soft in a large casserole dish.
- Throw in the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste cumin and cinnamon.
- Add the tomatoes, kidney beans and finely chopped coriander stalks.
- Fry the minced beef in 2 tsp of olive oil in another frying pan to brown (this will add flavour to the meat) then add to the other ingredients.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Put a lid on it, leaving a small gap and cook on a low heat for about an hour (longer if you have time).
- Meanwhile, get preparing your peppers. Cut each one in half (from top to bottom; if you care about presentation, try to cut the stalk down the middle so each half has half a stalk).
- Remove the seeds and make cavity as hollow as possible.
- Lay them on a baking tray hollow side up and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Roast for 20mins at 180C Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook your rice (see packet for instructions).
- Taste your chilli and add more seasoning if necessary. If too liquidy, remove the lid and cook uncovered for a while.
- Once happy with your chilli, mix it with the rice and a handful of chopped coriander leaves (we went for about 60% chilli to 40% rice).
- Top with a little cheese and pop back in the oven for a while to heat through and melt the cheese.
- Season to taste and sprinkle remaining coriander leaves before serving.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...