How to make it
- Start with the chilli. Finely chop all the fresh veg (onion, garlic, celery, carrot, peppers) and gently fry in 2 lugs of olive oil for 8-10 mins or until nice and soft in a large casserole dish.
- Throw in the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, cumin and cinnamon.
- Add the tomatoes, kidney beans and finely chopped coriander stalks.
- Fry the minced beef with a lug of olive oil in another frying pan to brown (this will add flavour to the meat) then add to the other ingredients and mix well.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Put a lid on it, leaving a small gap and cook on a low heat for about an hour (longer if you have time).
- Pre-heat your oven according to instructions on pizza packaging.
- Once you’re happy with the consistency of the chilli (you don’t want it to be too wet for this) season it.
- Spoon the chilli generously over the uncooked pizza and spread-out evenly. Top with the cheddar and place in the oven until the crusts are golden and the cheese has melted.
- Slice and enjoy.
- *If you don’t need all the chilli, simply get it in a Tupperware and freeze it. Or use it one of these ideas.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...