Mix breadcrumbs with spring onion
Mix corn flour with milk & Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
Add green beans to boiling water
Bring spicy white sauce to a simmer until thickened
Top with breadcrumbs mixture
Bake until golden and crispy
How to make it
- Begin by making breadcrumbs. If you don’t have stale bread, place as much bread as you need in an oven on approx. 50C for about an hour or until it has completely dried out. We used a ciabatta loaf which worked nicely.
- Once dried, blitz into quite large crumbs. Mix with a little olive oil and the roughly chopped spring onions. Place aside.
- Whisk the corn flour with the milk as well as the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste.
- Heat on a low flame until simmering and starting to thicken.
- Add grated cheeses and stir until sauce is nice and thick and all cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, add the green beans to boiling water and heat for a couple of minutes (they need to retain their bite as they’re going in the oven).
- Drain beans and mix with cheese sauce and place in oven proof dish or cast iron pan.
- Top with breadcrumb mixture and spread all over.
- Bake in the oven at 190C until top is golden and crispy (about 25 mins).
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...