How to make it
- If you’re using leftover chilli, simply re-heat it. If making from scratch, finely chop all the fresh veg (onion, garlic, celery, carrot, peppers) and gently fry in a lug of olive oil for 8-10 mins or until nice and soft in a large casserole dish.
- Throw in the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, cumin, cinnamon, tomatoes, kidney beans and finely chopped coriander stalks.
- Fry the minced beef with a lug of olive oil in another frying pan to brown (this will add flavour to the meat) then add to the other ingredients and mix well. Add salt & pepper.
- Put a lid on it, leaving a small gap and cook on a low heat for about an hour (longer if you have time).
- Make guacamole by mashing ripe avocado with lime juice, chopped coriander, salt & pepper.
- Once you’re happy with the consistency of the chilli season it and leave it with a lid.
- Roast your tomatoes with a little olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Heat a little olive oil and a knob of butter in a frying pan. Crack your eggs in. Top tip: Cover with a lid. Keep your eye on this as they’ll overcook pretty quickly. Get the edges crispy but keep the yolk runny!
- Warm the tortillas and spoon chilli over them, topped with an egg each (or 2 if you’re hungry), a spoonful of guacamole and your tomatoes (you could squash the tomatoes up into the guacamole).
- Seize the day.
- *If you don’t need all the chilli, simply get it in a Tupperware and freeze it.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...