How to make it
- Heat a griddle pan until nice and hot. Add the bacon and cook for a few minutes until it is just how you like it. Cut each piece in half.
- Mix the mushroom with a little olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the mushroom in the hot griddle pan and cook for 5–8 minutes until you’ve got some nice char marks on the outside and it is starting to soften.
- Melt a knob of butter with a little oil in a frying pan. Add the spinach leaves and cook for a minute or so until wilted nicely.
- Poach the eggs.
- Warm in the oven or toaster (or you could toast them if you like).
- Meanwhile, spread a little smoked chipotle mayo onto the bottom of each bread roll. Add the spinach, followed by the bacon and mushrooms, then top with a poached egg and a crack of pepper.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...