Mexican, Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
If you can make great burgers or meatballs then there’s no reason why you can’t make a top class meatloaf. For extra decadence why not try wrapping it in streaky bacon and glazing it with our deliciously smoky chipotle honey!?
1 hour 30 mins
Combine eggs with buttermilk and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
Mix with breadcrumbs, pork mince, chorizo and onion mixture
Line a baking tray with bacon
Push meatloaf mix into tin and fold over bacon ends
Roast in oven for an hour
Brush with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey while still hot
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Add a little olive oil to a pan over a medium heat and add diced red onion and thyme leaves. Stir and cook for 10mins.
- Once onion is completely softened, remove from heat and leave aside.
- In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, eggs, salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Combine the buttermilk mixture with the pork mince, chorizo, breadcrumbs and cooked onion. Mix well.
- Line a loaf tin with streaky bacon (see images). Place the meatloaf mixture into the tin and push down so it makes a flat surface. Fold over the bacon ends.
- Roast in the oven for about 1 hour (keep your eye on it so it doesn’t burn).
- Remove from oven, leave to cool slightly then turn out on to serving plate.
- Brush with Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey and serve alongside your choice of sides.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
Subscribe for offers
Love Mexican? Sign up to receive Gran Luchito emails with exclusive discounts, the latest news, special offers, recipes and competitions!