Gently cook garlic, anchovies, chipotle chilli paste, tomato puree and white wine vinegar
Stir through linguine with parsley
Serve with parmesan and crusty bread
Have you tried this Anchovy Pasta recipe? If so please let us know how you got on.
How to make it
- Add a little olive oil and the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste to a frying pan over a low heat.
- Add the garlic and anchovies and cook on a low/medium heat for about 15 minutes. (you’re just sweating the garlic down rather than giving it any colour).
- Squeeze in the tomato puree and stir in with a sprinkle of black pepper and the white wine vinegar. By this point the anchovies should have completely dissolved into the sauce. Taste and season.
- Meanwhile cook the linguine in salted water until cooked through (retain about 100ml of the water you cook it in).
- Drain pasta and stir in a lug of olive oil to stop it sticking together.
- Add the pasta water to the sauce and stir. It should become a lovely rich thick sauce. Add a knob of butter to give it a nice glossy look.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir through with a handful of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley and a little parmesan.
- Serve with extra parmesan on top.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...