Mexican Roast Chicken Recipe
A Mexican take on a classic dish, and it’s all the better for it. We mixed our chipotle paste with butter and spread it all over a lovely chicken, and under the skin then roasted it on a bed of lovely vegetables and finished it with chunks of fresh lime and coriander leaves. Simply awesome!
If you’ve got leftovers, you should give these chicken recipes and ideas a go.
How To Make:
Mix Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste with softened butter and mix well
Mix wellChop potato, onion, garlic, red pepper and cover with olive oil, salt, pepper and dried oreganoRub smoked chilli butter all over chicken and under skin over breastFill cavity with chunks of onion
Place on the vegetables and season well
Roast until juices run clear
Add chunks of fresh lime for squeezing and torn coriander leaves
Mexican Roast Chicken
- 3½oz Butter
- 2tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Butter
- 3lb 6oz Chicken
- 3 Large potatoes
- 2 Medium white onions
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 2 Red bell peppers
- 2 Limes
- Bunch fresh cilantro
- 2tsp Dried oregano
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Remove butter from fridge.
- If necessary, clean/peel potatoes (we used clean ones and left skin on). Chop into bitesized chunks.
- Cut pepper and onions into similar sized chunks.
- Crush garlic cloves but leave intact with skin on (this will protect them from the heat).
- Place in an oven proof dish or cast iron and add olive oil, dried oregano and a generous sprinkle of salt & pepper. Mix up so everything gets covered.
- Add Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste to butter and mix well.
- Using your fingers, carefully open up the gap between the breasts and the skin to make 2 little pockets.
- Take 2 spoonfuls of the chilli butter and put them into the pockets and massage them over the breasts until evenly spread out. Rub the remaining butter all over the outside of the chicken.
- Place chicken on top of the vegetables. Place in the oven and reduce heat to 400F.
- Cook for about 1h 20mins, basting chicken and disturbing surrounding vegetables a couple of times during the cooking process.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and remove chicken to a plate/board and cover in foil to rest for 20mins.
- Make sure vegetables are cooked through by testing a large piece of potato. If not to your liking, return to oven while the chicken is resting.
- When happy with the vegetables, cut the limes into chunks and scatter amongst them, as well as plenty of roughly torn coriander leaves.
- Return chicken to top of the vegetables and serve.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Have you tried this Mexican Roast Chicken recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.