Chipotle Cheese Straw Recipe
This cheese straw recipe is AMAZING and you’ve got to give it a go as soon as possible. Puff pastry rolled with parmesan cheese and Gran Luchito Smoked chipotle paste baked to crispy, golden perfection. We just couldn’t stop eating these in the test kitchen! They’re incredibly easy to make too.
We’ve got plenty more snack recipe ideas to check out too.
How To Make
Spread Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste all over puff pastry
Fold and roll outSprinkle with a little more parmesan
Cut into strips and twist
Bake until golden and crispyLeave to cool a little then serve
Chipotle Cheese Straws Recipe
- 1 Pack ready rolled puff pastry/puff pastry block (or you could make your own)
- 2tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 3½oz Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and lightly grease a large baking tray.
- Lightly flour a clean, flat surface.
- If using pre-rolled, gently peel the puff pastry away from the sheet. If using a block, roll it out to about 0.5cm thickness.
- Spread the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste evenly over the top surface.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and a little black pepper.
- Fold in half and roll out to thickness that it began (0.5cm) taking care not to break the surface and expose the paste/cheese (if you do, simply re-fold and try again).
- Cut into strips (approx 3cm thick) and holding both ends, twist each one before placeing on lightly greased baking tray.
- Brush each strip with beaten egg to cover exposed surface.
- Bake until golden and crispy. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool slightly before serving warm.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Have you tried this Chipotle Cheese Straw recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.