Healthy Turkey Burgers & Cauliflower Buns
The ‘Luchito Love’ gallery is where we showcase all the photos of your wonderful Gran Luchito creations. Each month we pick our favourite and send them a load of goodies. July’s winner @truemencook made healthy turkey burgers with cauliflower buns using Gran Luchito, and we couldn’t wait to give it a go ourselves. And here it is. Well worth a go if you want a guilt free burger with no compromise on flavour.
Check out our other delicious recipes & ideas.
How To Make
Whizz up cauliflower and squeeze out liquidMix turkey mince with salt, pepper and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
Mix cauliflower with flour, salt, pepper and an eggForm into rolls and bake until golden
Form burgers, refrigerate then griddleMix Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo & Ketchup with a squeeze of lime
Healthy Turkey Burgers Recipe
- Half a Cauliflower
- Plain flour
- 1 Egg
- 500g Turkey breast mince
- 2tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- Begin by making the buns. Blend the cauliflower to a rice consistency then microwave it for 4 minutes. Let it cool then use a tea towel to get as much moisture out as possible.
- Combine with a little flour (you can add more if it needs it), egg, salt and pepper and mix/knead until it's a soft dough. If it's too wet, simply add a bit more flour.
- Shape in to buns and bake in the oven at 200C for about 35mins.
- Meanwhile, add turkey mince to a mixing bowl and add the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste along with a pinch of salt & pepper. Mix well and form into 4 burger shapes. Place on a plate and put in fridge for a while to firm up.
- Prep the rest of the ingredients. In a small bowl, mix the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Slice the onion and tomato into thin discs.
- Slice the gherkins and avocado into thin slices.
- Fry the eggs in a little butter/oil.
- Cook burgers in a hot griddle pan (rub a little olive oil over each burger before placing in hot pan). Turn after a few minutes and cook other side. Take care not to overcook as turkey breast will become dry quickly.
- Once buns are cooked, leave to cool and slice in half.
- Spread a little of the mayo/ketchup mix onto the bottom of each bun. Build burgers by layering toppings followed by another drizzle of mayo/ketchup and the bun top.
Have you tried this Healthy Turkey Burger recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.