Vietnamese Chicken Salad
This Vietnamese chicken recipe is packed full of fresh, bold flavours and it’s the perfect way to use up leftover roast chicken. It also has the added bonus of being uber healthy making it ideal for a light, low-carb lunch or dinner.
We gave our Vietnamese salad dressing a delicious smoky Mexican chipotle chilli kick which works very well alongside the other classic South-East Asian flavours like fish sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, ginger, mint and coriander.
If you love healthy, flavourful food then make sure you check out our salad recipes page for lots more tasty ideas.
Combine garlic, ginger, sugar, sesame oil, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, lime juice, vinegar, spring onion and a healthy pinch of black pepper.
Vietnamese Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 Garlic clove
- 7oz White cabbage
- 1 Carrot
- 3 Spring onions
- 11oz Shredded cooked chicken (leftover roast chicken is perfect)
- 1½ tbsp Lime juice
- 1½ tbsp Rice wine vinegar (red or white wine vinegar is fine)
- 1½ tbsp Sesame oil
- 1½ tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1½ tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- Handful fresh mint (save small leaves for garnish)
- Handful fresh cilantro
- 1oz Peanuts
- 1tsp Sesame seeds (lightly toasted)
- Black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, sugar, sesame oil, fish sauce, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, lime juice, vinegar, spring onion and a healthy pinch of black pepper. Stir together well and leave aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, carrot, mint, cilantro, chopped peanuts and chicken. Mix well.
- Add the dressing and mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with lime wedges, a sprinkle of fresh mint leaves and the toasted sesame seeds.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon