Pulled Pork Banh Mi
Bánh mì sandwiches originate from French colonialism in Vietnam, bringing together French-style bread with classic Vietnamese ingredients and flavours. We thought we’d throw a little Mexican into the mix as well, and we’re very happy with the results of Pulled Pork Banh mi.
Adding a few twists to the classic banh mi, we used left over pulled pork made with our chipotle chilli paste and topped the whole thing with a delicious little sauce made with our Smoked Chilli Mayo.
Check out some other Gran Luchito Asian recipes.
Pulled Pork Banh Mi Recipe
- For The Banh Mi:
- 200g Pulled pork (Check out our awesome "Smoky Mexican Pulled Pork" recipe)
- 2 Baguettes (use short ones, or cut longer ones)
- 1 Lime (juice & zest)
- 4cm Piece of ginger
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 Carrot
- ¼ White cabbage
- ½ Cucumber
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- 2tbsp Chicken liver pate
- 2tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
- 1tsp Sesame oil
- 1tsp Soy sauce
- 1tsp White wine vinegar/cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Get a skillet on to a low heat and slowly heat the pulled pork with a little olive oil and the grated zest of the lime.
- Pre-heat the oven to approx. 260F. Take the baguettes and, using your finger tips, brush a little cold tap water over the outer surface (this will stop them from drying out too much in the oven). Pop in the oven.
- Meanwhile, smash up the peeled garlic and ginger with a little salt and a lug of olive oil in a pestle & mortar or food processor to make a smooth paste. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo, lime juice and most of the roughly chopped cilantro leaves and mix together.
- In another mixing bowl, grate the cabbage, cucumber and carrot into another bowl. Squeeze out and discard as much liquid from the mix as possible, then add the sesame oil, soy, vinegar, some roughly chopped coriander and a little salt & pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Remove the baguettes and cut down the side. Spread the bottom with the chicken liver pate. Next add the vegetable mix followed by the pulled pork. Top with the smoked chilli mayo mix and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon