Champions Chilli Breakfast
Another fantastic way to use up left-over chilli. Get yourself some tortilla wraps, eggs, guacamole and tomatoes and enjoy a breakfast/brunch that’ll set you up for the rest of day.
The most important element here is to nail your fried egg to perfection. Read our top tip below. Check out other Gran Luchito Breakfast Ideas.
Champions Chilli Breakfast Recipe
- 9oz Minced beef
- 1 Medium onion
- 1 Medium carrot
- 1 Garlic cloves
- ½ Stick celery
- 1 Red peppers
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- ½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- 7oz Kidney beans (tinned)
- 14oz Chopped tomatoes (tinned)
- Olive oil
- Small bunch cilantro
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Avocado
- Bunch fresh cilantro
- Cherry tomatoes
- Juice of ½ lime
- Tortilla wraps (we used corn, but wheat are fine)
- 4 Eggs
- If you're using leftover chilli, simply re-heat it. If making from scratch, finely chop all the fresh veg (onion, garlic, celery, carrot, peppers) and gently fry in a lug of olive oil for 8-10 mins or until nice and soft in a large casserole dish.
- Throw in the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, cumin, cinnamon, tomatoes, kidney beans and finely chopped cilantro stalks.
- Fry the minced beef with a lug of olive oil in another frying pan to brown (this will add flavour to the meat) then add to the other ingredients and mix well. Add salt & pepper.
- Put a lid on it, leaving a small gap and cook on a low heat for about an hour (longer if you have time).
- Make guacamole by mashing ripe avocado with lime juice, chopped cilantro, salt & pepper.
- Once you're happy with the consistency of the chilli season it and leave it with a lid.
- Roast your tomatoes with a little olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Heat a little olive oil and a knob of butter in a frying pan. Crack your eggs in. Top tip: Cover with a lid. Keep your eye on this as they'll overcook pretty quickly. Get the edges crispy but keep the yolk runny!
- Warm the tortillas and spoon chilli over them, topped with an egg each (or 2 if you're hungry), a spoonful of guacamole and your tomatoes (you could squash the tomatoes up into the guacamole).
- Seize the day.
- *If you don't need all the chilli, simply get it in a Tupperware and freeze it. Or use it one of these ideas.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Check Out Our Article On “Nine Wicked Ways To Eat Chilli Con Carne” For More Ideas