Frijoles, Refried Beans
Frijoles, also known as refried beans are so tasty that once you make this classic Mexican recipe, you’ll be doing it every week.
Super easy to make and the taste is incredible. Perfect for dipping with crisps for a film night or a buffet. No reason why you can’t play with the toppings either!
Head over to our Mexican Recipe guide for more tantalising ideas!
Melt butter in a pan Fry chopped onion and garlic Add black beans Add Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
Serve the Frijoles with sour cream and tortillas
- 400g Canned black beans
- ½ tspGran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 25g Butter
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 Handful coriander (roughly chopped)
- Sour cream (for drizzling on top)
- 50g Chorizo (finely diced; for crumbling on top)
- Salt & pepper
- Tortilla chips
- (see pics below for visual guide)
- Heat a frying pan and gently melt the butter and add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 10 mins, or until softened.
- Empty the beans and a little of their liquid into the pan with the onion & garlic. Season well and add the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste. Stir.
- Add everything to a food processor and blend until smooth. Empty into a bowl.
- Fry the chorizo in a hot frying pan until crispy. (You won't need any oil for this as it's already quite oily).
- Drizzle over the soured cream, sprinkle over the chorizo and coriander. Serve with tortilla chips, toast, raw vegetables or whatever you fancy.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon