Butternut Squash Soup
Our Butternut Squash Soup is a tasty little recipe which combines the amazing flavours of roasted butternut squash and Smoky Mexican chilli . This soup is a great alternative to potato soup. This soup is a great dinner ideas, which is very easy to make and full of flavour.
Smoky Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 2kg Butternut squash (peeled, de-seeded & cut into chunks)
- 2ls Chicken/vegetable stock
- 2 Red onions (peele & halved)
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 Sprigs rosemary
- 1tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 2 Carrots (roughly chopped)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Crusty bread to serve
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Make sure your veg is all chopped to roughly the same size (leave garlic cloves whole their skin).
- Throw all of the veg into a roasting tin, along with the rosemary and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste.
- Cover in a generous lug of olive oil and season with salt & pepper. (Get your hands in there to mix up properly)
- Cook in the oven for about 45 mins, or until the veg is tender when you insert a knife. You can also squeeze the garlic out of their skins (discard garlic skins and rosemary).
- Prepare a large bowl or food processor. You now need to blend up the roasted vegetables. Add a little of the stock to loosen it (you may need to do this in batches).
- Add the puréed vegetables to a large pan and add the stock. Mix well. Bring it slowly to the boil and season to taste.
- To serve, grate over some parmesan and sprinkle over some parsley. Toast some crusty bread.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Have you made this Butternut Squash Soup recipe? If so please do let us know how you got on?