Smoked Chilli Sausage Rolls
If you‘ve never made your own sausage rolls, it’s about time you did! Not only are home-made sausage rolls inevitably better, but making your own also gives you free-reign over what goes in them, opening up all kinds of delicious combos. We kept it simple with the ideas below, but there’s nothing stopping you getting creative.
Chilli Sausage Rolls Recipe
- 1 Pack of pre-rolled puff pastry
- 1 Red onion
- Sage (if you can't get sage use another fresh herb such as parsley or oregano)
- ⅚ Good quality sausages (we used pork & apple and traditional pork)
- 1 Egg beaten with a little milk
- Salt & pepper
- Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- Finely chop the red onion and slowly sweat with a little olive oil for about 15mins. Add the roughly chopped herbs and leave to cool.
- Allow the pastry to get to room temperature. Unroll it and lay flat on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cut the pastry in half lengthways.
- Squeeze the meat from all of the sausages into a large bowl, discarding the casing.
- Combine the sausage meat with the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste (plus any other ingredients you wish to add to the mix). Mix well. Season well.
- Split the mixture into 2 balls. Shape each ball into a long sausage along the centre of each strip of pastry (see pictures).
- Fold over the pastry to seal in the sausage and seal the edges with a nip.
- Brush each roll with the beaten egg/milk.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for 15 mins.
- Slice the long parcel into separate bite-sized pieces.
- Add another coat of egg wash and then bake at about 400F for 20mins or until golden and crispy.
- [br}Other Possible Fillings To Add To The Chilli Sausage Rolls :
- Don't be afraid to get creative and experiment with different fillings. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking:
- Black Pudding & Bramley Apple
- Spicy Lamb Merguez
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Gran Luchito’s SMoked Chilli Sausage Rolls