Spicy Creole Chicken Casserole With Herby Mustard Dumplings
This dish is inspired by an excellent recipe by Gran Luchito fan, Tom Parker Bowles. We've given the dish a nice spicy kick with the addition of our Smoked Chilli Paste. Really delicious. If you're a fan of Chicken we highly recommend you check out our recipe for the Ultimate Chicken Burrito.
Spicy Creole Chicken Casserole Recipe
Ideal For: Chicken
For the casserole:
- 40g Butter
- 20g Plain flour
- 2 Onions (roughly chopped)
- 4 Tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 1 Green pepper (roughly chopped)
- 2 Celery sticks (roughly chopped)
- 1 ltr Chicken stock
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 1kg Roasted chicken thighs/drumsticks,
- roughly chopped (roast whole with salt,
- pepper & a little olive oil, then discard bones)
- 1 Handful fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
- Salt & pepper
For the dumplings:
- 150g Plain flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Whole grain mustard
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 50g Butter
- 4 tbsp Milk
- Fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
- Salt & pepper
- Make a roux by melting the butter in a frying pan and add the flour a spoonful at a time, whisking to a smooth consistency. Cook on a low temperature for about 20 mins, whisking continuously.
- Add the vegetables and stir. Cook until softened (about 10 mins), stirring continuously to avoid burning the roux. Add the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste.
- Add the chicken stock, paprika and season well.
- Cook gently for about 25 minutes. Whilst that is cooking, make the dumplings.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the eggs, butter (melted), parsley and milk.
- Combine the 2 and mix well.
- Flour a surface and your hands and make balls slightly larger than golf balls.
- Stir in the chicken to the stew, and then add the dumplings. Cook for about 10 mins.
- Serve in bowls with a sprinkling of parsley.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Have you tried making this Spicy Creole Chicken Casserole With Herby Mustard Dumplings recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.