This Meatball pasta is a nice alternative to the classic recipe. The Smoked Chilli Paste is quite subtle, but enough to make this worth a go. We hope you enjoy it!
Meatball Pasta Recipe
Ideal For: Meat
- 11ib 2oz Packet of linguine/spaghetti
- Lug of olive oil
- 3 Cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 Plum tomatoes
- 3 Bay leaves
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- Begin by putting the plum tomatoes in the oven to roast while you prepare the meatballs.
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs together in a bowl.
- Once mixed, separate into small balls and leave in fridge while you make the sauce.
- Gently fry the garlic with the onion and salt & pepper.
- Once softened, add the tomatoes (tinned & roasted), olive oil, bay leaves (whole), sugar and chicken stock.
- Brown the meatballs in a hot frying pan with the oil (don't turn too much as caramelising the meat slightly will give you better flavour).
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and leave to cook without a lid for an hour.
- With about 15 mins cooking time left, cook your linguine in salty water with a little oil (to stop sticking together).
- Serve with a little parsley and parmesan.
Have you made this Meatball pasta recipe? If so please do let us know how you got on?