Mexican Patatas Bravas
This great little snack is everywhere in Spain, and for good reason. It’s basically crispy potatoes with a delicious tomato sauce smothered all over it. We had a sneaky suspicion our Chipotle Ketchup would work well, so we gave it a go and were delighted with how tasty it was, not to mention how simple it is to make!
Mexican Patatas Bravas Recipe
- 11Ib 2oz Waxy potatoes
- 2 tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Head of garlic
- A little grated parmesan
- Sprig of rosemary
- A little finely chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F (patatas bravas are typically fried in olive oil in Spain, but we prefer to roast them as they turn out a little less greasy...up to you which you prefer!)
- Scrub then chop your potatoes into bitesize chunks, skin on (try to keep them similar in size).
- Put them into a pan and pour over some boiling water. Leave them for about 15 mins (not on the heat).
- Drain away the water, and throw the potatoes into a roasting tin with some garlic and rosemary, a big lug of olive oil and season well with salt & pepper.
- Roast in oven for 45 mins or until nice and crispy, shaking things up once or twice (take care not to break them up).
- Dollop over the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup, some finely chopped parsley and a little grated parmesan.