Punchy Panzanella Salad
This is a lovely fresh Summer salad perfect for alfresco dining to accompany one of our BBQ dishes or just to have as a light meal by itself.
Punchy Panzanella Salad Recipe
Ideal For: Vegetarian
For the salad:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 loaf of french bread (any bread will do really; cut into 1inch cubes)
- 2 good quality ripe tomatoes (cut into 1cm cubes)
- Half a cucumber (de-seeded and sliced 1cm thick)
- 2 red peppers (cut into chunks)
- ½ red onion (finely sliced)
- handful basil leaves (roughly pulled apart)
For the dressing:
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 3tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- salt & black pepper to season
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the bread and salt. Cook over low to medium heat moving it around constantly, for 10 minutes, or until evenly toasted and golden.
- Simply whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, red onion and basil. Throw in the bread cubes and roughly mix with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
Have you tired this Punchy Panzanella Salad Recipe? If so we we would love to hear how you got on.