If you’ve got a BBQ planned, be sure to check out all of the ideas and tips from our Summer of BBQ. Our Delicious chicken kebabs is another idea to throw into the mix.
Smoky Spicy Chicken Kebabs Recipe
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 1kg skinless, boneless chicken
- Thigh, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 6 wooden skewers
- 2 large green or red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, quartered and separated into pieces
- Mix together oil, lemon, vinegar, garlic, spices and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste.
- Add chicken and marinade in fridge four four to eight hours.
- Assemble kebabs with equal amounts of chicken, pepper and onion. Tip, freeze your skewers rather than soaking them. This allows you to keep skewers ready at all times.
- Reserve your marinade in a pan, bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes so it can be used safely to baste your chicken.
- Heat your grill to medium hot and cook kebabs turning twice only. Once after about 6 minutes then apply baste then again after another 6 minutes and baste again.
- Chicken is cooked when it reaches 165F internal temperature.
- Rest for 5 mins covered with foil then serve.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon