Smoked Chilli Hollandaise
As a stand alone and probably slightly controversial recipe for hollandaise sauce, this is much simpler and (in our humble opinion) just as tasty as the fancy long-winded way of doing it! We’ve taken the breakfast/brunch classic and thrown a little of our smoked Mexican magic into the mix. This works equally well, if not better, with its delicious brother, Benedict.
Eggs Florentine With Smoked Chilli Hollandaise Recipe
- For The Hollandaise:
- 4 Large free-range egg yolks
- 9 oz Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Cold water
- For The Eggs:
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 2 Large free-range eggs
- 1tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Breakfast muffins
- Melt the butter and stir through ½ tspn of Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste. The smoky oil will turn the butter a lovely orange colour.
- Add the yolks, chilli butter and water into a saucepan and very gently heat whilst constantly stirring with a whisk (we realise this is a different way to cook hollandaise from the classic method, but in our opinion, it works equally as well) .
- Once the butter has fully melted, you can turn up the temperature ever so slightly. Whisk constantly until the sauce begins to thicken. This will take a while, but be patient - the results are well worth it!)
- Hopefully it won't happen, but if your sauce should split, don't panic. If you catch it early enough, you can usually bring it back pretty easily by adding a few tablespoons of cold water to the sauce and whisking removed from the heat. It should come together to form a nice thick sauce, at which point you can return to the heat to finish.
- Once at the right consistency, take it off the heat and add the lemon juice and season to taste. You can heat it through a little once you're ready to serve.
- Gently wilt down some spinach (with a little garlic if you want).
- Poach an egg or 2 (carefully crack an egg into just below boiling water with 1 tbsp vinegar stirred into it).
- Toast a muffin or two.
- Pile the spinach, egg on the muffin then top with your smoked chill hollandaise sauce.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Have you tried this smoked chill hollandaise recipe? If so we would love to know how you got on.